Preferred Vendors

Available referrals to keep your financial needs within one network:

Insurance – Auto/ Home/ Life/ Business

Michael V. Petilli
Apex Cary Insurance
TollFree 866-945-2739
Phone: 919-362-1692
Cell: 919-924-8144

Financial/Estate Planning

Bill Zimmer, Agency Sales Manger/ Registered Representative
MassMutual Raleigh-Durham
Phone# (919) 755-3100 ext: 3103
Cell: (919) 308-0112

J. Phillip Passey – Financial Advisor
Raymond James Financial Services, Inc.
Phone: 919-387-6776
Fax: 919-387-6778
Cell: 919-616-8321

Mortgage Service Providers

Joshua Dodson – Mortgage Loan Consultant
Capital Bank
Phone: 919-469-5375
Cell: 919-622-8753

Residential Real Estate Services

Mary Margaret Tate – Broker Associate
Harper Tate Homes
Direct: 919-380-9070
Cell: 919-434-9395

Business Computer Support & Web Services

Paul Armstrong – Senior Computer Technician
SeTech Support
Direct: 919-741-6525 x102

Electrician – Home & Commercial

Dave Ptasinski
East Coast Electrical Services
Phone# (919) 986-0287
Mike Bentkowski
Fast Electric Service, Inc.
Phone: 919-510-4616
Cell: 919-633-5024


Jason Langdon
Platinum Painting
Phone# (919) 607-1833


Mary Jo Zimmerman
Small Business Services
Phone# (919) 272-0208

Follow Us


Moving Exp...Read more

Moving Expenses May Be Deductible! Taxpayers may be able to deduct certain expenses of moving to a new home because they started or changed job locations. Use Form 3903, Moving Expenses, to claim the moving expense deduction when filing a federal tax return. Home means the taxpayer’s main home. It does not include a seasonal home or other homes owned or kept up by the taxpayer or family members. Eligible taxpayers can deduct the reasonable expenses of moving household goods and personal effects and of traveling from the former home to the new home. Reasonable expenses may include the cost of lodging while traveling to the new home. The unreimbursed cost of packing, shipping, storing and insuring household goods in transit may also be deductible. Who Can Deduct Moving Expenses? 1. The move must closely relate to the start of work. Generally, taxpayers can consider moving expenses within one year of the date they start work at a new job location. 2. The distance test. A new main job location must be at least 50 miles farther from the employee’s former home than the previous job location. For example, if the old job was three miles from the old home, the new job must be at least 53 miles from the old home. A first job must be at least 50 miles from the employee’s former home. 3. The time test. After the move, the employee must work full-time at the new job for at least 39 weeks in the first year. Those self-employed must work full-time at least 78 weeks during the first two years at the new job site. Here are a few more moving expense tips from the IRS: • Reimbursed expenses. If an employer reimburses the employee for the cost of a move, that payment may need to be included as income. The employee would report any taxable amount on their tax return in the year of the payment. • Nondeductible expenses. Any part of the purchase price of a new home, the cost of selling a home, the cost of entering into or breaking a lease, meals while in transit, car tags and driver’s license costs are some of the items not deductible. • Recordkeeping. It is important that taxpayers maintain an accurate record of expenses paid to move. Save items such as receipts, bills, canceled checks, credit card statements, and mileage logs. Also, taxpayers should save statements of reimbursement from their employer. • Address Change. After any move, update the address with the IRS and the U.S. Post Office. To notify the IRS file Form 8822, Change of Address. ** We hope this was helpful information. If you have any questions about Moving expenses please contact Franek Tax Services....

tax services raleigh